Sunday, October 23, 2005

Motorcycle Accident


Yes, I got hit by a motorcycle yesterday. Troy and I went for a walk down M. G. Road to check out the sites. I was walking along and then stopped, looking at something on the street...then BAM. A motorcycle like this one came flying out of a driveway crashing soundly into my leg. Troy was yelling "STOP" and trying to grab me. Thing was, I was pretty much stopped already and this jackass was not paying attention.

WHY? Because in India the right of way is backwards. The biggest truck as the right of way, followed by smaller cars, rickshaws, motorcycles, bicycles, and then the ever discriminated against pedestrian.

The driver of the motorcycle just made a weird noise, then smiled, like this guy, and drove off. Injuries include a very swollen knee and big bruise on my leg. But, I was able to walk on the treadmill today...so I will heal eventually.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Leonard said...

Yeah- scary stuff! Good thing you didn't die... who would I make the Documentary with?????