Saturday, October 22, 2005

My hotel room...

My hotel room is 290 a night here in Bangalore. That is US dollars. To place this price in perspective, the average Indian makes 400 US dollars a YEAR. I am staying at a new hotel, the Taj Residency, because the hotel I stayed at last year has increased their prices to 390 a night. Keep in mind, that hotel is just around the corner from this one....




What will 290 a night by you in Bangalore? The first surprise is the additional of an Aeron Chair. For those of you unfamiliar with the areon, its a fancy office chair that costs almost 2000 usd. So that would be like going to someone's home and seeing a 400,000 chair in their living room. This chair would support an Indian family for five years......YEARS...






Did I mention the TV? Yeah flatscreen...because I need to see Indian TV in widescreen mode(yes that is people dancing on the screen...lots of singing and dancing on Indian TV combined with really depressing news). Again, probably 3000...so here a family could live on this product for a little over 6 years. So you can see why I am spending SO much time watching it.

No comments: