Sunday, January 22, 2006

MY new tall girl jeans...

After I passed by 5 9 all hell broke loose in terms of finding pants not intended for a flood. I remember the first time I had a pair of jeans that were long enough...they were boys 501 Levis, with a 34 inseam. Heaven.

This problem obviously has not gone away...but after working on a closet clean out for several weekends in a row, I see how desperately I need new clothes.

I now have time to shop and FIND new pants that are long enough (I have been wearing flat shoes way to often over the past two years of graduate school). I went shopping last weekend, Filenes Basement. Tried on 37 (NO, I am not exaggerating) and found one pair that was long enough. Ran to the cash register and purchased them. Next day, headed out to the local outlet stores, specifically targeting Benneton and Saxs. Tried on 10 pairs, no luck.
Math
GAS: probably about 30 miles of driving
TIME: Two weekend days.
Result: One pair of pants

Results of this equation spell out the obvious: I will pay for pants that fit.

Its funny how life just works out. A few days later, I was out to dinner with P and we walked by a lucky jeans store. Went in on a WHIM and wow--they have LONG and EXTRA LONG!!!! WHOOO!!! It was a major jackpot. I almost started crying when I tried some on and they totally fit! AMAZING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm 5'10" and have the same problem, WHERE IS THIS LUCKY JEANS STORE???

LuckyCar 54 said...

Lucky Jeans stores are popping up all over the town. Not sure where you live..but they seem to be in most malls these days. Also, I have seen their jeans at Macys. Check out:

http://www.luckybrandjeans.com/