Friday, May 19, 2006

2 months in...Acceptance is approaching..

"Practice and all is coming" - Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

When can you classify yourself as a Yogi? It feels like the time has arrived.

Over 60 days have past since my formal introduction to yogi in Mexico, courtesy of my dear friend Kim. When I left Mexico I felt amazing and was inspired to bring this newly constructed aura into my every day life. What a difference hitting the matt every morning has made.

I am physically stronger. Neck pains are gone. Hamstring are stretched....at least they are getting stretched. I am not in dying pain when I leave work after a day of "desking".

But all of these things are so subtle when the mental and spiritual side is reviewed. I feel my feet on the floor. It was amazing to be in the kitchen, focusing on a recipe and suddenly be awakened to the feeling of the souls of my feet on the floor. I take deep breaths when I find myself enjoying something .... or hating it so I can breath it in. People seem like open books to me-I feel as if we can immediately get on or their angst/regret/anger/ or other bad vibe is revealed.

Every day I hit my mat and see where it takes me....lately things have been hard. My body is not happy and everyone is trying to figure out why. As I move through the asanas I feel the changes, both good and bad, and realize I am right where I am suppose to be. Here. Now. Driving down the road that is my life.

Yesterday for the first time I found myself able to perform the pada hastasana. In this pose, you place your hands under your feet and straighten your legs. I felt like a full circle as my hamstrings finally released for a moment and allowed me to take the plunge into straightness met by curves.

Tomorrow this pose may continue to elude me and thats ok. Sounds like a yogi to me..Namaste.

No comments: