Wednesday, May 09, 2007

10,000 things....go wrong

Why is it so HARD to sell and buy a house? Tonights question is motivated by events that are happening to me personally---unfortunately. So, where are we now?

1.) Today, my buyers mortgage vaporized. Two problems: 1 need rental confirmation (um, couldn't they have checked in on this like 6 weeks ago?) 2 they make too MUCH money for the loan program(don't need to repeat myself do I?) Let me say here: DO NOT USE BANK OF AMERICA. I can not believe the horror of today while everyone and their mother who is involved in this process was pained from 9am to 4pm when the finally surfaced and listed these two problems. I am astounded by their complete disregard to the situation...two people waiting to transact obviously AND their lack of preparation. Can you imagine dealing in the final hour with a mortgage broker who is not responding to you?

2.) My other agent, the one working on the property I was to purchase FAILED to cash my escrow check. She kept saying its no PROBLEM. I have been so so so so busy that I just had to go with it. SO, I get a call from my mortage broker about this....of course bc this is a SIGNED contract right???? Who in the end was fine with it but again...hassel.

3.) The same agent FAILED to convey the proper closing time to the sellers. SO, this afternoon she was fighting with the owner about when she planned to vacate. This is all in vain of course because I can't settle before the buyers on my end finish their transaction.

So....where do we go from here besides to the wine cabinet? Tomorrow (fingers crossed) the movers are going to be here at 9am. And they are going to take my things and put them in the truck. I have no idea if I will have a place to take them....I will be sitting here waiting to hear if the closing on my home has completed so I can purchase the new pad. Great. Movers may be sitting around for hours while we wait and wait and wait. All for about 110 an hour of course. And then at some point I am going to have to make a call about whether I move into storage if the whole thing falls apart.

Grrrrrrrrrrr........

No comments: