Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Mug: Take Two

So my skin is looking and feeling GREAT! Why is this happening????? I have been on Clinque crack for the past two years and need to loose that feeling for good. It seemed like every time I presented myself at the counter there was yet another cream or polish or scrub that I must have to make the whole "system" work for me.

I hate to write this in fear that I will jinx it but here is goes...the new beauty regimen.

1.) Papaya Enzyme Mask
When I was in Maui I had this excellent facial. Afterward I bought this massively over priced small bottle of papaya enzyme. Its powered and I imagine you could purchase it at some health food store or online for much cheaper. In any event....you mix it with plain yogurt (the good stuff not anything filled with corn starch etc you need the enzymes in the yogurt) and slap it on your face once or twice a week for about 10 minutes. Beautiful! It gets things moving if you will and encourages turn over.

2.) Honey
Yes, thats right HONEY. RAW. I also picked this up in Maui and I put it on my face in the shower every morning while I roll through the rest of my routine. Strange. You would think it is sticky but its not. It actually absorbs into your skin with the steam and there is very little to rinse off after you are done with the rest of your shower madness. Plus, it tastes good!

3.) Paula's Choice Super Recovery Antioxidant Oil
This stuff RULES. I put it on my face after I use toner. It seeps in and makes your face feel so smooth and really encourages it not to dry out throughout the day. I put face cream over the top of this and get on with things.

Three small changes and a world of difference. I have finally given up my Clinque habit forever...or at least until this stops working.

No comments: