Friday, August 03, 2007

I don't want to jump in...unless this feels like something...

Should one date someone that wears boat shoes.....and of does not own a boat? Someone that is 37 and failed to have a relationship for the last 6 years? Someone who works to much? Someone that is so amazingly handsome but has no brains? Someone that heads out to church every Sunday? Choices...choices...choices.

A few lines from my favorite Cake song are useful when making these types of decisions

I don't want to think back to the one thing I wish I would have done....
People. Just do it. Just go where you want to go, do what you want to do, see who you want to see, let other people be uncomfortable if they need to be that way. Live the life that you imagine and throw caution to the wind....that is where it belongs. You never know until you ask, say how you feel, try something new, and live in the experiences you design.

I don't want to doubt you nor know everything about you....
Sometimes not knowing...like remember when you first started dating someone and they were all mysterious? might actually be more exciting then spending the first few weeks of your dating life drilling each other. Perhaps instead just snack on each other. Take a nibble here and there and have a good time.

I don't want to sit across the table from you wishing I could run...
This is a zinger for me...happens every single time before I end a relationship or fail to start one for that matter. When sitting with someone and you feel like wow---i need to run for it!!!! ABORT MISSION.

With all that said I am back in the game...slowly finding my way in and out of new lives of interesting people. Stay tuned.

No comments: