Friday, April 13, 2007

And the winner is.....

Back from my latest adventure in the world of business travel. Charlotte, NC. Humor surrounded by during my visit on all sides.....

1.) neither me or my boss had the correct information for where we were supposed to show up so we did a lot of huffing around town...in new black pumps of course.
2.) men I dined with decided to spend the drink venue discussing the ins and outs of why its great that they never see their wives.
3.) a cab driver assured me that Charlotte was just about over the the demolition it endured after the "Yankees" came through. Its probably important to mention that this cab driver recently arrived from Somalia so this information was definitely picked up during his stay in NC passed along by some bright mind..
4.) I tried to enjoy my Indian meal which was curtailed by the people running the restaurant dimming the lights to almost nothing and telling me they were trying to close....right after they delivered my food. Take out anyone?

All of these activities pale next to the ridiculous stint that occurred during our speaking session. The plan was to raffle a class seat....so I begin casing the room and collecting cards. About 1/3 of the way through the room, I hear my boss ask "What province is the town of Blah in" to which someone answered the correct Canadian province.....and they he gave away the class. Great. So, someone in the crowd says to me "I think he already gave away the class????" To which I responded, well, he is going to have to give away another one.....

So, the message here is continue, all of you, to work on your "thinking on your feet" skills. It works. Ironically the person who asked the question was the WINNER of the class!!!!

No comments: